While there are many challenges to gene quantification, scientists are constantly developing new methods to overcome these problems. Using these new methods to analyze RNA-seq data, we can start answering some interesting biological questions such as:
- How do spiders make silk? What makes spider silk so strong?
- What causes jet lag? Can we develop medicines to prevent it?
- What happens when HIV infects human cells? How can we prevent infection?
- What leads to drug side effects? Can we prevent them?
- How do our brains develop during childhood and adolescence?